Please note that any insurance product you purchase online has its own terms and conditions that are found in the PDS (policy document) and any applicable Supplementary PDS.
For online purchases, please consult the PDS found on this website.
Ownership of the Website
Our Website and its contents (including all information, data, text, graphics, images, software, advertisements and other material on our website ("Content")) are the property of Chase Underwriting Pty Ltd (ABN 43 926 465 523) and are subject to copyright under Australian law and through international treaties with other countries. You may use this Content for your personal reference only (not for any commercial or public use) and may download a single copy of the Content, keep a temporary copy in your computer's cache and make a single hard copy, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. No other use, copying, reproduction, publishing, storage in a retrieval system, alteration or transmission in any form or by any means, in whole or part, of the Website or Content is permitted without Chase Underwriting’s prior written authorisation.
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of Chase Underwriting or the third parties who have contributed to our website. Nothing on our website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any name, logo or trademark without the express prior permission of Chase Underwriting or the relevant contributor. The name of Chase Underwriting and its agents or any of the trademarks and other intellectual property belonging to Chase Underwriting or its agents may not be used commercially or in advertising or publicity or used to identify a link to our website without the express prior written permission of Chase Underwriting.
You must notify Chase Underwriting immediately if you become aware of any third party that is or may be infringing the intellectual property rights in our website. You must give Chase Underwriting all assistance in relation to any infringement proceedings. Chase Underwriting shall have sole control of the defence and settlement of any infringement proceedings. Any recovery from infringement proceedings is the property of Chase Underwriting. If a court or Chase Underwriting determines that our website or Content have infringed or may infringe a third party's intellectual property rights, Chase Underwriting shall have the right to alter, delete or modify our website or Content in order to avoid continuing infringement.
Information on Website
The information contained within this website and on any Chase Underwriting or Related Body Corporates' products and services is of a general nature only.
Changes may occur in circumstances at any time which may affect the accuracy or completeness of the information so while Chase Underwriting has taken all reasonable care in producing our website, it accepts no responsibility for any loss, expense or liability which you may incur from using or relying on the contents, and you must not rely on any statement on our website without taking specialist advice.
Any legal rights and obligations which Chase Underwriting and you may have will be contained in the terms and conditions of the contract and policy issued to you or available on our website when you buy your policy online.
Your Usage of the this Website
- use any device, software or routine which will or may interfere with the working or functioning of our website and will not post, publish, distribute or transmit any Content of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- make any unauthorised use of any materials or intellectual property found on our website;
- copy and use any materials, Content or data found on our website for any other purpose than purchasing or endorsing or cancelling an Chase Underwriting product;
- use any method or means to copy, reproduce, republish, frame, post, upload, distribute, transmit, sublicense, delete or modify in any way all or any part of the Content or our website, or monitor it in any way, unless expressly provided for in our website or expressly authorised in writing by Chase Underwriting;
- intentionally do anything which overburdens the infrastructure of our website;
- post, publish, distribute or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent Content of any kind, including without limitation any Content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulations;
- post, publish, distribute or transmit, or disseminate any Content of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including Content which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right, without first obtaining permission from Chase Underwriting or relevant right holder;
- post, publish, distribute or transmit, or disseminate any unsolicited correspondence (including Emails) or spamming via our website;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to identify the source code or other arithmetical formula for the infrastructure software or functions;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying our website.
Chase Underwriting has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any user's use of our website or to edit, delete or refuse to post any Content. However Chase Underwriting reserves the right to monitor your or any users, use of our website and to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content whatsoever. Chase Underwriting reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of any user of our website.
If Chase Underwriting provide the option to purchase any of their products or services via our website, then it will be done via the following process:
- you will manually enter the data requested for us to provide an electronic quote based on the information you provide.
- We will provide a quote for its products electronically and this will constitute our offer to you. We may save and retrieve any quote it issues.
- a binding contract will only come into place when we receive your acceptance of our Offer, accepts the order by displaying a confirmation of payment on your screen and also receives clear payment of the premium when a debit is made against the credit card or account nominated by you in the quote process.
- you should then receive a policy number. Please note that a binding contract is still in place even if you do not for some reason receive this policy number upon completion of the online transaction.
- you will receive confirmation of this transaction when Chase Underwriting send you a PDS (Policy Document) and certificate via email.
- we will treat all electronic instructions received online as valid and authentic.
- all policies issued via this online facility will be subject to all Chase Underwriting’s usual underwriting criteria and guidelines.
- all PDS (Policy Documents) are available on the website. Before purchase you are asked to confirm that you have read and understood the relevant PDS (Policy Document).
Pricing and availability of goods
Unless otherwise stated on our website, all prices on our website are in Australian dollars . All prices and availability of goods and services may be changed at any time without notice. Chase Underwriting reserves the right to correct pricing errors at any time. Chase Underwriting is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever from failure to deliver or delay in delivery of products/services.
The Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) and all corresponding state and territory legislation imply terms, conditions and warranties into some contracts for the supply of goods and services and prohibit the exclusion, restriction and modification of such terms ("Prescribed Terms"). Except as provided for by the Prescribed Terms:
- all Content (including information about goods and services) is provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind;
- to the maximum extent permissible by law, Chase Underwriting expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose;
- Chase Underwriting, and its directors and employees, does not warrant that your access to our website will be uninterrupted or that our website will operate error free, that any defects will be corrected or that our website and its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data, code, components or other material;
- Chase Underwriting, and its directors and employees, does not warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of our website, or that it will give notice of such use, modification or alteration;
- Chase Underwriting, and its directors and employees, does not warrant or make any representations about the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or otherwise of the Content (including descriptions of any goods/services). The use of our website and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to our website and may be made at any time; and
- if your use of our website or the Content results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Chase Underwriting is not responsible for those costs.
Limitation of Liability
Except as provided by the Prescribed Terms, Chase Underwriting, its directors, employees, suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on our website shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or lost profits) resulting from:
- any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, our website, any third party link or any Content;
- any unauthorised access to or alterations of your transmissions or data; or
- any statements or conduct of any user of our website, including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
To the fullest extent permitted by law Chase Underwriting liability for breach of any Prescribed Terms is limited at the option of Chase Underwriting to the following:
- In the case of services supplied or offered by Chase Underwriting:
- The supply of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
- In the case of goods supplied or offered by Chase Underwriting:
- The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- The repair of such goods;
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- The payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
Availability of the Website
Chase Underwriting cannot guarantee that our website or any other website with a link to its website will be free from viruses or that uninterrupted access will be available.
Access is offered only on an "as is" basis and Chase Underwriting may make any online access unavailable without any notice.
Links to other Sites and Third Party Advertising
This Website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties who are not related bodies corporate of Chase Underwriting ("Linked Websites"). The Linked Websites are not under the control of Chase Underwriting and Chase Underwriting is not responsible for the content of any Linked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Website and makes no representation or warranty with respect to the content of any such third party sites.
Our website also contains third party advertisements (that may or may not contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to Linked Websites). The display of such advertising does not in any way imply an endorsement or recommendation by Chase Underwriting of the relevant advertiser, its products or services or any such Linked Website. You are referred to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services. To the extent permitted by law Chase Underwriting accepts no responsibility for any interaction between you and the relevant third party and is released from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with such interaction.
Your Indemnity to Chase Underwriting
In the event of termination you must immediately cease accessing and using our website and Content and (at Chase Underwriting option) return any hard copies of the Content to Chase Underwriting or destroy any hard copies and any other electronic copies of the Content within your control or possession.
Chase Underwriting’ limit of liability, your indemnity, licences granted by you and all limits on your use of our website survive termination.
Certain taxes and government charges may be payable in relation to the use of our website. Chase Underwriting has no responsibility for such taxes or other government charges.
Despite the foregoing paragraph, unless stated otherwise, charges referred to for use of any goods or services provided by Chase Underwriting are inclusive of any goods and services tax imposed under Australian law, unless otherwise stated on our website.
Parental Consent and Age Limits
Chase Underwriting requires that children under 18 years old consult with their parents before providing any data about themselves, their purchasing profile, or their families.
If you place an order via our website, you warrant to Chase Underwriting that you are 18 or more years of age and that you are authorised and able to make payment in the manner stipulated by you or if you are under 18 that you are authorised by your parents or guardian to enter into the contract.
In addition, Chase Underwriting encourages parents to monitor their children's Web activity and children to obtain permission before logging on to our website.
All disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland and the Queensland District Registry of the Federal Court of Australia.
This site is controlled and operated by Chase Underwriting from its offices in Australia. Chase Underwriting makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent applicable.